You’ve waited all year and now it’s finally here!! Today is the first day of Early Access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale or #NSale as many call it! I’ve participated in this sale for years so today I wanted to share some of my tips for shopping the sale as well as some general information about this year’s sale!
Early Access: 7/14
Sale Starts: 7/22
Sale Ends: 8/8
How to Gain Early Access
As I mentioned, Early Access starts today, meaning that you can get your hands on all the amazing sale items before the general public, if you are a Nordstrom cardholder. By applying for the card, you get tons of benefits including earning bonus points, receiving Nordstrom notes, and of course, getting access to the #NSale a week early (today through the start of the sale on July 22nd)! The best items sell out quickly, so getting Early Access is a way to ensure that you can get your hands on them.
Essential #NSale Tips
- Create a list! Before hitting the sale in-store or online, I suggest making a general list of the items you’re looking to purchase. This can be more or less specific. For instance, I know that I want to look for a new pair of jeans and a dainty Kendra Scott necklace, but don’t have a specific item in mind yet.
- Make a Plan! Getting an idea of what’s on sale before you go to the store is essential. Look up the types of items you wrote down on your list and then if you like a specific necklace, top, etc. write than down on the list. Then when you go to the actual store, you know exactly which departments to head to first. This can help prevent impulse buying and save some time. Lets be real though…I could spend hours in Nordstrom and never be bored 😉
- Shop, Shop, Shop! Of course, then it’s on to the fun part…shopping!! While there are some items you are going to immediately fall in love with and purchase, there will be others that you’re on the fence about. Think if you really need the item, if it’s worth the money (in my opinion staple pieces are more worth purchasing than trendy pieces), and whether or not it can be styled with many outfits. From past experience, I would say that if the answer to all three of these questions is yes, then buy the item! Better to scoop it up while you can then be sad about not purchasing it when it sells out later on.
- Storing your Purchases! A majority of the items you buy from the sale will be for Fall! There’s no way I’m wearing a black leather jacket when it’s 90 degrees outside! Therefore, I suggest picking out a certain place in your closet to store all your new items! I cannot tell you the number of times I have purchased things from the Anniversary Sale and stored them in a random place in my closet only to find them the following Spring…don’t do this!
- Have fun! The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale only comes once a year so enjoy it! Unlike the Half-Yearly Sales, all the items being sold at a huge discount during the Anniversary Sale are brand new, meaning that they have just hit the stores. Designer items from Kendra Scott, Tory Burch, and more at a discount…yes please! Grab your mom, girl friends, even your dad (I LOVE shopping with my Dad! He has a great sense of style!), and make a day out of it! Shop the sale and then grab a yummy lunch where you can talk about all the amazing deals you got!
Thanks for reading! I’ll be sharing my #NSale picks soon so be on the lookout for that!