As many of you know, I recently turned 20! While this is still such a young age and I have so much to learn throughout this amazing journey we call life…today I wanted to reflect on what life has taught me so far! Some of these are cliches, others are things most of us should know…but all are things we should remember!
- Take time to compliment others! It will brighten someone’s day as well as your own!
- Dress cute even if there is no reason to! Everyday is a reason to celebrate!
- Follow through with your promises!
- Keep an agenda or planner…you will be amazed by how much stress this relieves.
- As hard as it may be, sometimes friends are only meant to be in your life for a season. Cue the song “For Good” from Wicked…
- Find beauty in the little things in life! Doing so will allow you to be more positive!
- Let failure become a motivator.
- Sometimes you just have to take life one day, or even one hour, at a time! Difficulties are temporary.
- Keep your circle small. It’s better to have fewer friends who are loyal.
- Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game! Anyone else know where this is from?! 🙂
- It’s easier to be kind than it is to be mean. Keep that in mind…
- If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it! This definitely applies to how I feel about My Styled Life.
- Some days will be a complete waste of makeup…put it on anyways, it will make you feel better!
- Always write a thank you note! In the world of social media, a handwritten note really stands out.
- Don’t live your life to impress others. This will just lead to unhappiness.
- Send little notes or texts to your family and friends to let them know you’re thinking of them! It could turn their day around!
- Listen to your mom…it’s such a cliche, but she is always right! Well, most of the time 😉
- Don’t wait for someone to buy you flowers! Buy your own and enjoy them!
- Always give your 110%…that’s right, 110%. You will be amazed at the results of a little extra effort.
- Take time to laugh!
Thanks for reading!